Reduce Risk, Increase Reward
Our Core Values
At DirectAdvisors, we have one singular focus: The financial health of your business and employees.
Are you a merit shop construction company subject to the Davis-Bacon Act, Service Contract Act or state prevailing wage regulations?
- Determine and design the appropriate bona fide benefit structure.
- Administer health and welfare insurance benefits.
- Administer supplemental unemployment, paid time-off, training and savings benefits.
- Integrate your bona fide benefit plan with your retirement plan.
Do you need an ERISA fiduciary to consult with you as you navigate retirement plan options for your employees?
- Design and manage your plan.
- Assist with the oversight of your plan’s service providers and platforms.
- Provide fiduciary investment management, governance and stewardship.
- Lead participant education efforts and offer one-on-one advice.
Caring for your employees and for your bottom line can be complex. We help you balance the two and gain peace of mind.
DirectAdvisors is an independent, fee-based firm specializing in two areas: Prevailing Wage Solutions & Fiduciary Services.
Meet Our Team
Where you see obligation, we see opportunity.
In fact, our team brings together more than a century of combined professional experience in developing fringe benefit plans and providing retirement plan guidance to benefit your organization and your employees.
Tom Santa Barbara
Chief Investment Officer
Catherine “Kitty” Kilmer
VP of Compliance
Travis Santa Barbara
Chief Administrative Officer
Latest From Our Blog
A Matter of Trust: The Benefits of Choosing an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designee as your Investment Advisor
Effective relationships between investors and advisors are built on trust. That trust is grounded in a commitment by the advisor to act solely in your best interests. But how can you be sure that the person you are entrusting not only embraces their commitment but is fully qualified to fulfill it?
Self-Insured Health Plans as “Bona Fide Fringe Benefit Plan” under Davis Bacon and State Prevailing Wage Laws
Self-insured, or self-funded health plans, are popular with employers that have a large, diverse workforce.
Lesson Plan: What Colleges and Universities Can Learn from the Recent TIAA-CREF Excess Fees Settlement
In a 2015 class action that struck terror in the hearts of colleges and universities across the country, TIAA-CREF’s own employees – participants of its 401(k) and retirement plans – sued TIAA